This Friday 11th May we will be holding another of our youth racenights, this time with a cyclocross format, so we will be on the grass and every rider will get two races. These will still suit ALL of our youth riders, but with the added attraction of some riders from other clubs joining us for a few races, making it ideal entry level racing, and suitable for getting started with competitive events. Each event will be in age groups, so even our youngest will be able to take part, and the oldest will riders will be under 16 age group (racing separately to the younger ones)
Entry will be £4 on the day from with races to start at 6.30 and finish around 8.00 with prizes for the series. Hopefully our youngsters will all want to try these events, they seem to have a competitve streak even when not racing, so it should make a nice change to our usual format.
We could do with a few helpers on the night, so if you are able to help please let me know.
- Riders, the more the merrier for good racing. All youth riders welcome.
- Cakes, if you can bring one along please do, and ideally let me know beforehand
- Refreshments - one more to help out with them
- Signing on - two people required
- Timekeepers - three people required
- Demo rider to show the riders round the course
- Helpers for setting up, could do with a couple of helpers who could ideally get there early
The details are on the British Cycling website, but as its entry on the night things are not too different to normal.
This will be at our usual venue The Embankment Athletic Track, Bishops Road, PE1 5BW.