There is plenty of work going on behind the scenes and under the bonnet of the club website.
To keep members posted here is a brief summary of where we are at in the process...
- We have benchmarked a number of key cycling club websites from across the Peterborough area to look at things like layout, content, services offered etc.
- We have spoken with our web provider Ellmore to get the new colours and layout of homepage live and ready for development.
- We have integrated our Strava content as a way of promoting club events and rides. You don't have to be a member of Strava to benefit and views maps/dates/times etc.
- We are talking about an online kit store, membership payments and other features that will integrate to enhance the membership experience.
- We are going to update our social media links adding Instagram as a means of delivering results quickly and promptly.
Feedback is always welcome so please use the clubs Facebook page or emails to get in touch and let us know what we might have missed.
Sunday 19th Feb 2017
HQ/Start (Toilets/Changing: Peterborough Athletics Track, Bishops Road, Peterborough PE1 5BW
Parking: Bishops Road Car Park (There may be a charge on Sundays)
Start Time: 9.00am (HQ open from 8.00am for signing on. HQ closes at 3pm)
Entry Fee: £6.00 each includes refreshments
Riders to depart in groups of 10/12 maximum. ENTER HERE
30 mile Route (50km approx)
3 speed options.
12mph (+/- 10%): 2hrs 11mins – 2hrs 41mins
15mph (+/- 10%): 1hr 47mins – 2hrs 10mins
18mph (+/- 10%): 1hr 28mins – 1hr 46mins
Café Stop if required – Sunshine Café, Town Square, Whittlesey (Approx 22 miles)
63 mile Route (100km approx)
3 speed options.
12mph (+/- 10%): 4hrs 49mins – 5hrs 55mins
15mph (+/- 10%): 3hrs 56mins – 4hrs 48mins
18mph (+/- 10%): 3hrs 14mins – 3hrs 55mins
Café Stop if required – Green Welly Café, A141 roundabout Chaterris (Approx 20 miles to go)
GPX files for your GPS devices will be sent out with your entry, and will be available on the day
Printed route sheets will be available on the day.
We are proud to announce that Sport England have awarded the club funds to promote cycling in SEVEN local secondary schools through indoor cycling with Wattbikes. This is primarily aimed at encouraging youngsters who have shown little interest in being active to participate in an indoor cycling competition within their school and then go on to represent their school in an inter schools competition. Hopefully some of these will become more interested in cycling in general, and may choose to take part in future cycling events. Also we will be hosting an inter company competition as a team event where teams will be encouraged to include at least one rider aged under 25, so if you are aware of local firms who might be interested in entering a team please let us know. If you are interested in this project or have any questions about it please contact us by clicking on the picture below.