The club currently has three organised group rides that are held on Sunday mornings.
Faster Club Run from Helpston
Ian Todd usually leads these rides that start at 9 am in Helpston (9.30 am in Winter). These are longer rides, typically between 45 to 70 miles, and include a refreshment stop. The typical pace is around 16 mph with an option for a slightly slower group to form if required.
Slower Club Runs from Helpston
These rides are usually led by Birgit Scott and start at 10am in Helpston village, unless otherwise advised. The pace is around 12-13 mph and range from 30-40 miles in length with coffee stop along the route.
Fast Training Rides from Orton
Simon Pitchford organises these rides that meet up at the Starbucks in Orton Centre at 8.30 am for coffee and a chat before heading out. The actual rides start at 9 am. The aim of these rides is to work together as an organised group on the road. There are no stops. The typical distance is around 45 miles. The pace is 19-20 mph.
Details of all the week's rides (including a "Ride with GPS" map of the route) and any other organised rides, are circulated in advance by email to all members of the club.
If you have any queries or are interested in joining one of the rides please contact the relevant ride leader on the numbers below (start times and arrangements vary through the year so please check the details before your first ride).
Birgit Scott - 07974 248737
Ian Todd - 07548 885748
Simon Pitchford - 07792 445543
- Following the relaxation of Covid rules in February 2022, it remains vitally important that we all continue to act responsibly and cautiously to keep everyone at our events and activities safe. Please familiarise yourself with the latest British Cycling guidance before you attend a training ride, club run or other cycling event.
- You must not attend if you have any Covid symptoms or feel unwell in any way.
- Of particular note: we must observe very good levels of hygiene and be careful when clearing our nose and throats. Use a handkerchief or, if necessary, move well off the back of the group before clearing your nose or throat.
- You must provide your contact details to the ride leaders to facilitate ‘Test and Trace’ in the event that any Covid-related issues arise.
- You must comply with the directions of the ride leader at all times when out on an organised ride.