Fenland Clarion Reliability Trial
Sunday 7th Feb 2016
HQ/Start (Toilets/Changing: Peterborough Athletics Track, Bishops Road, Peterborough PE1 5BW
Parking: Bishops Road Car Park (There may be a charge on Sundays)
Start Time: 9.00am (HQ open from 8.00am for signing on. HQ closes at 3pm)
Entry Fee: £5.00 each
Riders to depart in groups of 10/12 maximum.
Certificate for all finishers (in allotted time) at 2016 Club Dinner
Organiser: Steve Clarke (07951 666331)
30 mile Route (50km approx)
3 speed options.
12mph (+/- 10%): 2hrs 18mins – 2hrs 49mins
15mph (+/- 10%): 1hr 50mins – 2hrs 15mins
18mph (+/- 10%): 1hr 32mins – 1hr 53mins
Café Stop if required – Sunshine Café, Town Square, Whittlesey (Approx 22 miles)
64 mile Route (100km approx)
3 speed options.
12mph (+/- 10%): 4hrs 50mins – 5hrs 55mins
15mph (+/- 10%): 3hrs 52mins – 4hrs 44mins
18mph (+/- 10%): 3hrs 14mins – 3hrs 57mins
Café Stop if required – Green Welly Café, A141 roundabout Chaterris (Approx 20 miles to go)
GPX files for your GPS devices can be downloaded from the above Map My Ride routes.
Printed route sheets will be available on the day.
New Updated 2016 Racing Calendar
The latest and updated 2016 racing calendar is now available to view and download. Please click this link - 2016 CALENDAR
2016 CLUB SUBS DUE
If you joined for the first time after September 2015, your membership will run until the end of 2016. Otherwise your subs are now due.
BC Accredited Marshal Training
Course Date – Saturday 20th Feb 2016
Venue – South Witham, Grantham, Lincolnshire
• have a passion for the sport and a desire to see successful local events take place,
• want to contribute your skills, experience or time to the development of the sport as well as help - to keep races safer,
• and like being outdoors working with others who have a passion for the sport
Accredited Marshal training consists of:
• An hour’s online learning module providing an overview of the scheme and an introduction to certain parts of the training
• A 4 hour classroom based course, delivered by Police trainers.
• Active trainee Accredited Marshal roles in at least 5 British Cycling events
• Completion of a practical training logbook to monitor your progress towards full Accredited Marshal status.
You will receive
• a contribution towards travelling expenses to events to which you have been allocated
• branded clothing to wear when acting as an Accredited Marshal
• free bronze membership, or an equivalent discount
• and an ID card confirming your Police approved qualification once you have completed the training
In return you are asked to commit to at least 5 events a year
To reserve a space on the course please book online using this link https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/course/details/2404
The Accredited Marshal scheme is currently only available for use in specific counties where formal DFT approval has been obtained.
As the scheme is rolled out to other Counties we will be providing additional training for local volunteers.