Sadly there will be no Hereward Series event this week and due to Police notifications, its too late to ensure we have the relevenat cover to run a round of the Bluebell Series on the regular course at Helpston.
We would like to apologise for this and thank all members for their understanding.
As most of you are aware the club has club jerseys and I will be bringing the current stock along this evening. However we could really do with someone looking after this, so placing occasional orders with our supplier, passing the kit on to riders and reconciling the money.
It's not greatly time consuming, although as with all these little jobs they can add up and the youth stock is only a carrier bag full.
So if you would be prepared to look after this on behalf of the club please let me know.
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP 25mile TT
THIS SUNDAY 20th May 2018
Park Cars on Grass Verge at top of Alconbury/Stangate Hill (LHS coming from South)
Course Details (N1/25C):
START on B1043 near Wheatsheaf flyover by lamp post no. 1 on west side of road approximately 330yds North of Monks Wood junction B1090. Proceed Northwards to Woodwalton (Sawtry Toll Bridge) roundabout (M),
Straight on to Stanch Hill roundabout (M)
Straight on to Sawtry North roundabout (M)
Straight on to continue under B660 flyover to Stilton roundabout (M)
TURN at Stilton roundabout and retrace route to Woodwalton (Toll Bridge) roundabout (M)
TURN and retrace route to Stilton roundabout
TURN and retrace route to Woodwalton (Toll Bridge) roundabout. Take second exit and straight on (B1043) to
FINISH on B1043 at last drain in layby just past garage and motel.
* When travelling North from St Andrews Bridge roundabout you will approach Sawtry North Roundabout downhill and you will need to continue round the island further than is usual, so give yourself plenty of road space and adjust your speed so you can negotiate the roundabout safely.
* Hard-shell Helmets are recommended (Compulsory for under 18 year olds). In the interests of your own safety, Cycling Time Trials and the event promoters strongly advise you to wear a hard shell Helmet that meets an international standard.
* Any rider performing a “U” turn within sight of the start or finish may be disqualified.
Please could you take the time to familiarise yourself with the rota by clicking here.
If you would like to trade a slot with someone else, please contact Emma Emmerton.
Monday 14 May is the first of this years 5 mile time trials
from Helpston. These are open to all youths, ladies & novice riders and
they are open to anyone they don’t need to be club members. The minimum
age is 12 and riders under 18 will need to have a consent form signed by
a parent. Meeting place is on the Heath near Helpston (52.617421,
-0.343768 on Google maps) with the start on Langley Bush Road. Signing
on is from with the first rider off at .
Could also do with one more marshal if anyone has a few minutes to
spare, you should be done by .
So if you fancy trying a time trial, or perhaps know someone who might
be interested, now is a good time to start.
Any questions please just let me know
Please note that there have been some adjustments made to some of the times.
This Friday 11th May we will be holding another of our youth racenights, this time with a cyclocross format, so we will be on the grass and every rider will get two races. These will still suit ALL of our youth riders, but with the added attraction of some riders from other clubs joining us for a few races, making it ideal entry level racing, and suitable for getting started with competitive events. Each event will be in age groups, so even our youngest will be able to take part, and the oldest will riders will be under 16 age group (racing separately to the younger ones)
Entry will be £4 on the day from with races to start at 6.30 and finish around 8.00 with prizes for the series. Hopefully our youngsters will all want to try these events, they seem to have a competitve streak even when not racing, so it should make a nice change to our usual format.
We could do with a few helpers on the night, so if you are able to help please let me know.
- Riders, the more the merrier for good racing. All youth riders welcome.
- Cakes, if you can bring one along please do, and ideally let me know beforehand
- Refreshments - one more to help out with them
- Signing on - two people required
- Timekeepers - three people required
- Demo rider to show the riders round the course
- Helpers for setting up, could do with a couple of helpers who could ideally get there early
The details are on the British Cycling website, but as its entry on the night things are not too different to normal.
This will be at our usual venue The Embankment Athletic Track, Bishops Road, PE1 5BW.
The racing season is well underway now and the Bluebell series is shaping up nicely.
Here are the latest results.